Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Hi Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy it here. Oh, by the way we love pictures!", are words I've typed on the pages of just a few forums, dealing with jewelry and metalsmithing, over the past few years. That won't change, you will still be able to find me there. I'll still try to share the hard won wisdom from the bench and the anvil. I'll continue learning new ways to do things from other metalsmiths. I enjoy the companionship of other experienced hands and get excited over the enthusiam of the beginners. So in some ways " the more things change, the more they'll stay the same."
These pages are meant for something new for me. A topic too large to be on a forum. This place is meant to help you learn the business side of being an artist. It's goal is to be a rescource for you. We are going to type about " Hammering Out A Living "
Those of you that know me best, know that I'll tell people that I am artist, jeweler, metalsmith, craftsman, and sometimes teacher. None of those labels would matter if I hadn't been able to sell my skills and my art work. As my dad often said, "Nothing is going to get better until someone sells something." I always took "get better" to mean profit from the experience.
That'll get us started. It was my goal for today to create this blog. Enjoy Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment